Turmeric is one of the most potent healing spices in the world. It is one the most researched plants in the world. The medicinal properties of turmeric have been the subject of over 6000 peer-reviewed and published biomedical studies.
This turmeric cancer prevention tea is a potent healer and anti-inflammatory drink.
Let’s take a closer look at the anti-cancer benefits of turmeric.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric is known as a potent cancer fighter. A study published in Cancer Letters showed that curcumin targeted and killed cancer stem cells, which are believed to be the main cause of tumor formation. Turmeric has even been shown to kill multiple myeloma cells. Curcumin also has anti-inflammatory properties, which means it gets rid of chronic inflammation in the body that is believed to be a major cancer risk factor.
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric
Bring water to a simmer after adding turmeric
Let it simmer for 10 minutes
Add 1 tsp of honey or coconut nectar to sweeten (optional)
To enhance the turmeric absorption we recommend add a dash of back pepper
You can also add some lemon to it.
Drink on a regular basis.
Make sure ingredients are organic
Enjoy this turmeric cancer prevention tea!
As always: Check with your health practitioner before you change your diet and see if this is right for you. This drink is not meant to replace any treatment or drugs you are taking.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
Hundreds of reasons to use turmeric.
For the health benefits of turmeric.
For a turmeric milk recipe.
Lose weight with turmeric.
For a salad dressing recipe with turmeric.
New study shows turmeric kills multiple myeloma cells.
Turmeric helps regenerate brain stem cells.
1. “Turmeric Tea.” Weil. Dr. Andrew Weil, 16 Feb. 2015. Web. 16 Feb. 2015.
2. “Curcumin Benefits: How It Helps in Cancer Treatment.” Mercola.com. Mercola.com, 2 Mar. 2014. Web. 16 Feb. 2015.
3. “Turmeric.” American Cancer Society. American Cancer Society, n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2015.
4. “Turmeric Extract Strikes To The Root Cause of Cancer Malignancy.” GreenMedInfo.com. GreenMedInfo.com, 29 Jan. 2014. Web. 16 Feb. 2015.
5. “Targeting Cancer Stem Cells by Curcumin and Clinical Applications.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. Cancer Letters, 1 May 2014. Web. 16 Feb. 2015.