We are giving you the top 5 superfoods you must eat for weight loss. The most important tool for weight loss is not exercise, but diet.
Obesity is an epidemic in America. The Weight Control Information Network reports that two-thirds of American adults and one-third of children and teens are overweight or obese.
Weight loss can be difficult, and many struggle to understand what they are doing wrong.
“It is important to understand that while exercise is certainly part of the formula for success, the foods you choose to eat are three times more important for controlling your weight than your exercise,” says Dr. Joseph Mercola, one of America’s leading physicians and health experts.
Scientists at Purdue University’s Department of Foods and Nutrition published a report in the September 2008 issue of The Journal of Nutrition regarding the effects that nuts and weight loss. Nut consumption may help weight loss as you will feel full faster and eat less. They will also lessen your food cravings.
These rich and delicious fruits are quickly becoming one of the biggest superfoods in the world. They are packed with healthy fats and protein. A compound in avocados called oleic acid may help reduce hunger as well.
This healthy fruit is a great source of vitamin C and E, which both help to reduce cell damage and improve blood circulation, which can prevent cellulite. Grapefruit juice is one of the best fat-burning foods and a cellulite remover. It helps metabolize sugar in the blood and reduces fluid retention. If you are taking any medication, DO NOT consume grapefruit or its juice as it may interfere with the metabolism of the drugs.
They are a good source of dietary fiber, with 3.6 g per cup, which is 14 percent of the recommended daily value. Blueberries also contain antioxidant compounds called catechins, which stimulating abdominal fat-burning genes.
A study from Arizona State University shows that a lack of vitamin C reduces the body’s ability to use fat as fuel, which leads to fat storage in the body. Oranges are a great source of vitamin C and can help your body burn fat naturally.
Note: None of the information in our website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content on our website is for educational purposes only.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
1. “Overweight and Obesity Statistics.” WIN. Weight-control Information Network, n.d. Web. 6 Mar. 2017.
2. “A High-Fiber Diet Helps Boost Weight Loss.” Mercola.com. Mercola.com, 2 Mar. 2015. Web. 6 Mar. 2017.
3. “Impact of Peanuts and Tree Nuts on Body Weight and Healthy Weight Loss in Adults.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. Journal of Nutrition, Sept. 2008. Web. 6 Mar. 2017.
4. “Vitamin C Depletion Reduces The Body’s Ability To Use Fat As A Fuel Source.” Medical News Today. MediLexicon International, 6 Apr. 2006. Web. 6 Mar. 2017.
5. “Best Superfoods for Weight Loss.” Health.com. Health.com, n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2017.