Soup is one of the healthiest meals you can get when done right. It keeps all the nutrients and medicinal properties alive and potent in the bowl. This spring detox beet and garlic soup is a great meal for the new season.
They contain pigments called betalin, which support the body’s natural detoxification process.
Carrots are great sources of fibers that help the body complete its natural detoxification process. They also help the liver work more efficiently to get of toxins.
This potent medicinal herb is high in antioxidants, which kill disease-causing free radicals. Free radicals cause oxidative stress, which is believed to be linked to serious diseases including cancer and heart disease. Cilantro is a great source of phytonutrients and flavonoids like quercitin, kaempferol, rhamnetin, and epigenin.
This herb is a potent healing medicine. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties and is even known to reduce the inflammation caused by arthritis.
It is an unprocessed, unrefined, and raw salt, packed with many essential ingredients like nature intended.
Onions are an excellent source of a sulfur molecule called Onionin A, which inhibits the activity of the white blood cells that cause inflammation. Onions are also packed with antioxidants, the most potent being quercetin. This antioxidant also provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Add the following ingredients to a pot: 1/2 chopped onion, 2 chopped beets, 1 handful of cilantro chopped, a pinch of pink Himalayan salt, black pepper to taste, 1 minced clove of garlic, and 4 cups of water
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 30 minutes covered
- Cook until beets are soft
- Put the cooked mixture into a blender and puree until smooth
Make sure ingredients are organic
Enjoy this spring detox beet and garlic soup!
Note: None of the information in our website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content on our website is for educational purposes only.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
1. “Spring Detox Beet Soup.” Mindbodygreen. N.p., 01 May 2014. Web. 02 Apr. 2016.