Healthy oven-dried strawberry candy
This healthy oven-dried strawberry candy recipe is a great substitute for store-bought treats. In fact, it is better than candy because of its true natural flavors. Most candy is filled with chemicals that try to replicate flavors in nature, but this is the real thing.
Strawberries have potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. They are also great for heart health. A study even showed that berries may reduce the risk of heart attack in women. They are also great at controlling blood spikes by putting less load on blood glucose.
Let’s take a look at how to make this healthy oven-dried strawberry candy.
◦ Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
◦ Cut off the green leaves on top of the strawberries (use however many strawberries you want)
◦ Cut each strawberry in half
◦ Lay the strawberries down on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, seeded side down
◦ Make sure to leave spaces between strawberries for even cooking
◦ Put the strawberries in the oven for 2 hours
◦ After 2 hours, flip them and bake for 2 more hours
◦ Remove from the oven, let them cool and enjoy!
◦ Store in an airtight BPA-free container
Make sure ingredients are organic
Enjoy this healthy oven-dried strawberry candy!
Note: None of the information in our website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content on our website is for educational purposes only.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
1. “Oven-Dried Strawberries Recipe.” This Beautiful Day. N.p., 26 June 2015. Web. 18 Apr. 2016.
2. “Strawberries, Blueberries May Cut Heart Attack Risk in Women.” American Heart Association. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2016.