Here are some tips for a healthier holiday season:
Try these simple tips to make this time of the year less stressful so you can enjoy the sprit of the holiday season.
I hope this can help refresh your outlook on life as well.
- 1. Create boundaries as it pertains to activities: You can’t attend all the holiday parties and go everywhere. Be selective.
- 2. Stick to a spending holiday budget: Example: “will not spend more than $$ per gift”.
- 3. Be thankful: Adopt this thankful attitude and fill in the blank everyday with yourself and friends. Research shows by concentrating on what makes you happy, can improve your mental and physical health.
- 4. Be organized and prepared: How many times have you said “I wish I had done this before“… Establish a “to do list” so you can just get it done.
- 5. Simplify: Be realistic, there is so much you can do!
- Let go of some things, and be okay with everything just the way it is. Don’t be a perfectionist. Embrace life, your friends and smile. You will realize and feel lucky for all you have and where you are in your life right now.
- 6. Set healthy goals for where you want to be in the New Year: Such as “lead a healthier life, exercise, be more eco-friendly”, get rid of toxic products in home”….
- 7. Bring the outdoors in: Your guests will not see if the windows were not cleaned, but will appreciate the welcoming feeling of your beautifully decorated home.
- 8. Dont neglect your sleep: An adequate amount of sleep will help boost your immune system.
- 9. Drink more water: Drink when you get up and before you go to bed.
- 10. Exercise: Go to the gym, walk and get your blood moving to reduce your stress level.