Helicobacter Pylori is a type of bacteria that live in the digestive tract. This bacteria can cause ulcers, which are sores in the stomach lining or the small intestine.
It has even been shown to cause gastric cancer in some cases.
“Modern treatment for H. pylori infection focuses on total eradication using so-called “triple therapy,” which includes two antibiotics and an acid-blocker, says Sayer Ji, founder of GreenMedInfo. “Treatment of this kind, however, often results in antibiotic-associated imbalances in the gut flora, as well as driving antibiotic-resistant strains of H. pylori which can cause more serious forms of recurrence,” he adds.
There have been clinical studies showing the potent effects of three natural substances against H. Pylori.
Let’s take a look at the 3 natural treatments for Helicobacter Pylori Infection:
1. Black seed: This potent seed, which is also called black cumin, has been the subject of many clinical studies as has shown endless benefits. A study published in The Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology showed that those who consumed 2 grams of black seed combined with an acid blocker was as effective as triple therapy when treating H. Pylori infection.
2. Broccoli sprouts: Sprouts are live food and are nutritional powerhouses. A study published in Digestive Diseases and Sciences found that 7 of 9 patients who consumed broccoli sprouts twice a daily for a week were found negative for H. Pylori infection.
3. Probiotics: A study published in the journal Inflammation and Allergy Drug Targets showed that 13 out of 40 patients who were treated with a probiotic strain had complete eradication of H. pylori associated dyspepsia. The patients received the following strains: Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacteriuym brevis, Lactobacillus paracasei, Bifidobacterium infantis, Lactobaccilus delbrueckii bulgaricus subspecies.
Note: None of the information in our website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content on our website is for educational purposes only.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
Sprouts: The live food nutritional powerhouse.
For tips to relieve acid reflux.
New study shows probiotics may aid with weight loss.
Friendly bugs can help fight your cold.
For a gut health smoothie.
Hot chili peppers may inhibit gut tumors.
1. “H. Pylori: What Is It and How Does It Cause Ulcers?” WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.
2. “3 Natural H. Pylori ‘Cures’ That Are Clinically Proven.” GreenMedInfo.com. GreenMedInfo.com, 15 Apr. 2015. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.
3. “Comparative Study of Nigella Sativa and Triple Therapy in Eradication of Helicobacter Pylori in Patients with Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia.” Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology. Medknow Publications, July 2010. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.
4. “Oral Broccoli Sprouts for the Treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection: A Preliminary Report.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. Digestive Diseases and Science, Aug. 2004. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.
5. “Probiotic Multistrain Treatment May Eradicate Helicobacter Pylori from the Stomach of Dyspeptics: A Placebo-controlled Pilot Study.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. Inflammation and Allergy Drug Targets, June 2012. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.