Black cumin are the seeds of the flowering plant Nigella Sativa, which has been revered for its medical properties for centuries. The health benefits of black cumin have been confirmed time and time again by medical research. Let’s take a look at 10 reasons to eat black cumin.
1. Hair health:
Black cumin is packed with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties. The oil from the seed is often used as a remedy by massaging the scalp to strengthen and rebuild hair.
2. Helps treat type-2 diabetes:
Black cumin has potent anti-diabetic properties. It helps lower blood sugar and decreases insulin resistance. A 2010 study confirmed the anti-diabetic benefits of black cumin.
3. May fight cancer:
Black cumin seeds are packed with antioxidants. These antioxidants kill free radicals in the body, which are believed to be major risk factors for cancer. Cell research showed that black cumin extract compared favorably to chemotherapy, without the harmful side effects.
4. Liver health:
The liver is a very important organ in the human body. It helps filter out toxins and promote overall health. Black seed helps health the liver and helps prevent damage and disease in the liver as well.
5. Skin health:
Because of its potent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, black seed oil helps reduce the risk of skin diseases. The antioxidant properties helps reduce signs of aging.
6. Treats MRSA:
MRSA stands for Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus. It is considered a superbug, as ordinary staph infections are becoming resistant to antibiotics. MRSA has become an epidemic due to this. A 2008 study has shown that black cumin oil may help inhibit MRSA.
7. Weight loss:
Black cumin is a great appetite suppressant, which, means that it makes you feel full faster, so you eat less. Thus, you lose weight. It also reduces blood sugar spikes, which helps curb food cravings.
Note: None of the information in our website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content on our website is for educational purposes only.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
1. “Black Seed – ‘The Remedy For Everything But Death’” GreenMedInfo. GreenMedInfo, n.d. Web. 02 Nov. 2015.
2. “16 More Reasons Black Seed Is ‘The Remedy For Everything But Death’” GreenMedInfo. GreenMedInfo, n.d. Web. 02 Nov. 2015.
3. “Effect of Nigella Sativa Seeds on the Glycemic Control of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 02 Nov. 2015.
4. “Top 7 Black Seed Oil Benefits.” Dr Axe. Dr Axe, 11 Nov. 2014. Web. 02 Nov. 2015.
5. “Anti Bacterial Activity of Nigella Sativa against Clinical Isolates of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 02 Nov. 2015.
6. “Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Spices, Cumin Seed.” Self Nutrition Data. Self Nutrition Data, n.d. Web. 02 Nov. 2015.