One of the most controversial chemicals used in pesticides that make it in to our food is glyphosate. There has been glyphosate found in childhood vaccines, according to recent research from Moms Across America.
In March of last year, glyphosate was finally labeled as “probably carcinogenic to humans,” by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
Glyphosate is believed to be very present in foods such as genetically modified corn and soy. According to Charles Benbrook, Ph.D., of Washington State University, in 2014 U.S. farmers used the equivalent of three-quarters a pound of glyphosate per acre of farmland. “When a single pesticide is used that widely, people can’t help but be exposed to it,” Benbrook explains.
According to ConsumerReports.org, a small USDA study found “glyphosate residues on about 90 percent of 300 soybean samples.”
Moms Across America received the following results from a Microbe Inotech Laboratories Inc. screening:
• MMR II (Merk) vaccine had 2.671 parts per billion (ppb) of glyphosate
• DTap Adacel (Sanofi Pasteur) vaccine had 0.123 ppb of glyphosate
• Influenza Fluvirin (Novaris) 0.331 ppb of glyphosate
• HepB Energix-B (Glaxo Smith Kline) 0.325 ppb of glyphosate
• Pneumonoccal Vax Polyvalent Pneumovax 23 (Merk) had 0.107 ppb of glyphosate
According to MIT scientist Dr. Stephanie Seneff, “Glyphosate could easily be present in vaccines due to the fact that certain vaccine viruses including measles in MMR and flu are grown on gelatin derived from the ligaments of pigs fed heavy doses of glyphosate in their GMO feed. Gelatin comes from collagen which has lots of glycine. Livestock feed is allowed to have up to 400 PPM [parts per million] of glyphosate residues by the EPA, thousands of times higher than has been shown to cause harm in numerous studies.”
Moms Across America recently sent a letter to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, EPA, National Institutes of Health, California Department of Health and Sen. Barbara Boxer to make it a priority to test all vaccines for glyphosate levels.
Dr. Toni Bark, founder and medical director of the Center for Disease Prevention and Reversal wrote this after seeing the screening results:
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
1. “Glyphosate in Your Diet.” Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports, 19 Mar. 2015. Web. 18 Sep. 2016.
2. “World Health Organization Labels Glyphosate Probable Carcinogen.” Environmental Working Group. Environmental Working Group, 20 Mar. 2015. Web. 18 Sep. 2016.
3. “Glyphosate Found in Childhood Vaccines.” GreenMedInfo. GreenMedInfo, n.d. Web. 19 Sept. 2016.
4. “Glyphosate Found in Childhood Vaccines.” EcoWatch. EcoWatch, n.d. Web. 19 Sept. 2016.