This cancer-fighting cauliflower potato soup will kick your immune system into high and gear and will help prevent the deadly disease.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients in this cancer-fighting cauliflower potato soup.
Carrots are packed with vitamin A, which is a key nutrient and a potential cancer fighter. Recent research from the Thomas Jefferson University shows that vitamin A has the ability to reverse pre-cancerous cells back to normal breast cells.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, which means potent anti-cancer compounds. Some compounds like indoles and isothiocyanates have been found to inhibit the development of some types of cancers.
Celery is a potent detoxifying vegetable. It is high in water, and it helps flush out toxins from the body. It contains a potent compound called apigenin, which is believed to help treat breast cancer.
It is high in vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system, and also flushes out toxins by acting as a diuretic.
• Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan
• Add 1/3 cup of finely chopped red onions, 1/3 cup of chopped celery and 1/3 cup of chopped carrots to the oil
• Cover and cook for 2 minutes
• Stir in 2 1/2 cups of sliced cauliflower, 3/4 pound of sliced red potato, 2 cans of chicken or vegetable stock, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste,
• Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender
• Add 1 tsp of lemon juice
• Add soup mixture to a blender and process until smooth
Make sure ingredients are organic
Enjoy this cancer-fighting cauliflower potato soup!
Note: None of the information in our website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content on our website is for educational purposes only.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
1. “Can Vitamin A Turn Back the Clock on Breast Cancer?” Newswise. Thomas Jefferson University, 31 Mar. 2014. Web. 11 Nov. 2016.
2. “Golden Potato-Cauliflower Soup.” Health.com. Health.com, n.d. Web. 11 Nov. 2016.
3. “8 Amazing Health Benefits of Cauliflower.” Mercola.com. Mercola.com, n.d. Web. 11 Nov. 2016.