This blood pressure lowering beet radish juice is packed with potent natural foods that are known to fight hypertension.
Hypertension or high blood pressure, is also called arterial hypertension. It is a medical condition. The blood pressure in the arteries is elevated. Consequently, the heart pumps harder to circulate blood through the blood vessels.
Blood pressure is summarized by two measurements, systolic and diastolic, which depend on whether the heart muscle is contracting (systole) or relaxed between beats (diastole).
High blood pressure is considered a silent killer, because it often does not produce symptoms.
According to the American Heart Association, when high blood pressure remains untreated, it can lead to serious conditions including stroke, vision loss, heart failure, heart attack, and kidney disease.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that: “67 million American adults (31%) have high blood pressure—that’s 1 of every 3 adults.”
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients in this blood pressure lowering beet radish juice.
Studies have shown that beetroot juice has powerful blood pressure lowering properties. A study from Journal of Nutrition showed that just one glass of beet juice can significantly reduce blood pressure.
Ginger helps lower cholesterol and reduce blood clots, both of which contribute to lower blood pressure.
Radishes are crisp and delicious little veggies with big blood pressure regulating benefits.
Process the following ingredients in a juicer:
1-inch piece of ginger
1/2 a lemon
Make sure ingredients are organic
Enjoy this blood pressure lowering beet radish juice!
Note: None of the information in our website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content on our website is for educational purposes only.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.
1. “Why Blood Pressure Matters.” American Heart Association. American Heart Association, n.d. Web. 17 Apr. 2017.
2. “High Blood Pressure Facts.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 07 July 2014. Web. 17 Apr. 2017.
3. “Inorganic Nitrate and Beetroot Juice Supplementation Reduces Blood Pressure in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” The Journal of Nutrition. The Journal of Nutrition, 01 June 2013. Web. 17 Apr. 2017.
4. “Effect on Blood Pressure of Daily Lemon Ingestion and Walking.” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 10 Apr. 2014. Web. 17 Apr. 2017.
5. “What Are Radishes Good For?” Mercola.com. Mercola.com, n.d. Web. 17 Apr. 2017.
6. “The Effects of Ginger on High Blood Pressure.” LIVESTRONG.COM. Leaf Group, 21 Apr. 2016. Web. 17 Apr. 2017.