We should all save water no matter which state we live in. Water is life!
California is suffering from lack of precipitation this year.
The fourth snow survey of the season on April 1 revealed a continuation of California’s precipitation deficit during the state’s third consecutive dry water year.
Although Northern California precipitation in March was above average, the drought continues. There just isn’t enough time for precipitation to accumulate to alleviate drought conditions.
When Governor Brown declared a drought State of Emergency in January, he directed state officials to take all necessary actions to prepare for water shortages.
Take a step and save energy and money using cold water:
Please use cold water as much as possible when doing laundry and dishes.
1. Do your laundry after 7pm.
2. For your delicates, washing with cold water is the best.
3. Pre-treat for stains and allow clothes to soak before washing if they are heavily soiled.
4. Cold water will extend the life of your clothes and you will save energy.
5. Please try to hand wash as much as you can.
6. If you hand wash, use the rinse water for your indoor plants.
7. Make sure you wash your clothes with an all natural HE laundry detergent.
that is chemical-free.
7. Use the fast speed cycle to save energy and water.
Your clothes, mother nature and your wallet will thank you!
“Water Conditions.” California Department Of Water Resources. Web. 8 Apr. 2014.
Note: The content on our website is for educational purposes only. Please consult your health practitioner or a qualified expert before changing your diet.
DON’T FORGET to sign up for our weekly newsletter to get our latest articles, updates, free recipes and giveaways.