San Francisco hits milestone for electric vehicle charging stations

San Francisco hits milestone for electric vehicle charging stations

Mayor Edwin M. Lee and Assemblymember Fiona Ma joined the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) and the Department of the Environment to announce the completion of the City’s first round of electric vehicle (EV) charging station installations in City-owned parking facilities. The 26 newly installed EV charging stations will join existing units currently installed at San Francisco International Airport and on Treasure Island. In total, the City now operates 49 publicly accessible EV charging stations at 14 locations, offering 100 percent greenhouse gas-free Hetch Hetchy power.

We’re making it easier for residents to charge their electric cars anywhere in San Francisco – from SFO to Treasure Island,” said Mayor Lee. “Our future lies beyond oil, and in San Francisco we are investing in the innovation and infrastructure that will jump start our green future today. We are using clean Hetch Hetchy power to charge electric vehicles and in the process we are improving air quality, reducing greenhouse gas, and creating green jobs.”

I thank Governor Brown for his leadership in further greening California’s economy and Mayor Lee for his dedication to making the San Francisco Bay Area region as the EV capital of the nation,” said Assemblymember Ma.

For more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Yes, I would like to receive emails from StepIn2MyGreenWorld. Sign me up!

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact