Mayor Ed Lee & the city of San Francisco mourn the death of beloved comedian Robin Williams

Mayor Ed Lee & the city of San Francisco mourn the death of beloved comedian Robin Williams

Today family, friends, fans and the city of San Francisco mourn the passing of beloved comedian Robin Williams.
We had the honor of meeting Williams and share their pain. Williams was 63.
Investigators suspect “the death to be a suicide,” according to a statement from the Marin County Sheriff’s Department.
Mayor Edwin M. Lee today issued the following statement on the passing of beloved actor Robin Williams:

“San Francisco mourns the profound loss of Robin Williams who inspired us with his comedy and art. His legacy has had a deep and inspiring impact on our City and on our residents.
His ties to San Francisco were deep, having found early success in our City’s comedy clubs with his popular stand-up routines and where he was destined to launch a successful career that included starring roles in classic television shows and big screen success including an Academy Award.

Despite his success, he has never forgotten San Francisco. He was a philanthropist who gave generously, and he was a friend of the City.

San Francisco is heartbroken by the tragic loss of Robin Williams who forever changed the world with laughter and joy. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time of mourning.”
Your laughter, smile, humor, stellar performances will remain in our hearts always. Thank you for touching our lives.

THIS IS OUR TRIBUTE TO SIR ROBIN WILLIAMS:

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Mary Elizabeth Frye – 1932

NOTE:
Please talk to your loved ones and a health practitioner if you suffer from depression.There is help out there. Don’t suffer alone.
Depression is a serious mental illness that can be debilitating.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , an estimate 1 in 10 U.S. adults report depression.
Though depression is a condition in the brain, it can affect many parts of the body. New research shows that treating depression early may even prevent heart problems.
Articles to check out:
Sugary drinks can increase depression risk.
For a mood-lifting drink.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Yes, I would like to receive emails from StepIn2MyGreenWorld. Sign me up!

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact